...one tiny speck...

11.19.2004

Friday Night!!!

What does it say about the peeps on Friendster that the server has never been busier than on Friday night? What does it say about me that I’m trying to get on it on Friday night? I’m watching the Suns game with my Dad, alright? My laptop’s on my lap and I’m multitasking. Back off.
Steve Nash is tearing it up, as per usual. I wish we’d traded that other point guard all those years ago instead of him. You know, the bald, wife-beater. Harsh. Nash came into his own with the Mavs and now he’s going to lead this team straight to the playoffs. Deep into the playoffs. That’s as bold a prediction that I’m willing to make. It’s a good year to be a Suns fan.
I finished watching the television series, Freaks and Geeks last night at approximately 2:30a.m. I got the DVD’s through Netflix (heart, smile) receiving the final disc of 3 episodes yesterday. I was just going to watch one before going to bed, but I couldn’t stop. That’s how good it is. The characters are terrific. They’re funny, unique and believable and the stories are the truest I’ve seen in regards to high school life. It’s really a shame that they had to cancel it, but at the same time, it ended in a very nice way. I would be interested in seeing shows that are only created to last a season or two. It certainly worked for the BBC with The Office. Twin Peaks should have probably ended after we found out who killed Laura Palmer.
Television offers a more in depth way to tell a story than a film does. You have extra time to get to know the characters, which means you’re more invested in them and the story’s impact increases exponentially. It matters more. I’m referring to the shows that have a season-long story arc. Those are typically, in my humble opinion, the only ones worth watching. And sometimes the story worth telling only lasts a single season.
I was going to go to the (Smog) concert tonight, but with no one to go with, a kitchen to demolish and rebuild in Dewey, AZ tomorrow, the second and final Wilco show of the year tomorrow night, and the Suns neck and neck with the Lakers (Grrrrr, Lakers), I don’t think I’m going anywhere. Go Suns!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Chair said...

I'm so glad I have a comrade in my loving of Freaks and Geeks. Zack, your taste never disappoints me. One weekend I came home to visit from the lake, and Casey and I watched eight consecutive hours (also thanks to Netflix). It's that good. We watched the entire season in three sittings, and wanted to cry when it was over. One of the best shows I've ever watched. Every character is a living breathing person we all know. And it's hysterical.

11:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home