...one tiny speck...

11.09.2004

Denver. Wilco. Good.

I finally found myself in Denver, Colorado over the weekend and it made me wonder what in the hell took me so long. I guess it’s just one of those places that you don’t really go to unless you’re a skier or you have someone there to visit. My trek was a result of the latter. EWF is going to school there so Catfish and I ventured out to say hello and see a show.
I hadn’t seen Wilco since ’95 or ’96, I can’t remember which, and I didn’t even like them then. I tried to see them in Tucson back in spring, but rehab got in the way. Jeff Tweedy’s, not mine.
I had flown in from Chicago for that show, so it’s nice to know that me flying long distances to see his band has nothing to do with his drug problems. The Denver show went off without a hitch. It was an amazing show. Song after song after song. I love absolutely everything they’ve done, which is pretty amazing for any band, especially with my exclusive and uppity tastes. I can’t wait to see them again in Phoenix.
But back to Denver. What can I say about Denver? It is simply a wonderful town. They have arts, sports and one of the largest playgrounds in the world a.k.a. The Rocky Mountains. It’s no wonder everyone’s so damn friendly there. I love the West.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home