...one tiny speck...

7.01.2005

Happy Birthday!

I’ve been struggling lately, with the point to posting my inane observations and feelings toward this life, in this tiny corner of the internet. That’s all this is, right? A place to comment and describe the world I see around me and display my perspective to a potentially “world wide” audience. But, why should anyone care what I think when I don’t even know what I think half the time and the other half may just be a more permanent mood-swing based on some unseen stability in chemical reactions.
What I mean is: why document these tiny slivers of human existence? Are they for the documenter, or the few that may actually read what is written? What’s the point? Does it matter?

“I'm not a teacher: only a fellow-traveller of whom you asked the way. I pointed ahead--ahead of myself as well as you.” GBS

It’s early, relatively speaking, for a Friday night, 10 minutes past 10, and I’m about to go to bed because I work at 6 in the morning. It’s July 1 and thanks to our nations impending birthday and the over-abundance of newly erected fireworks stands, there is a loud explosion of a varying proximity, outside of my window every 5 minutes or so. If I close the window, it will become too hot, though it may help to muffle the sound a bit. I realize that this is the most challenging question I’ve had to answer today. I had a pretty good day. heeheehee. I’m going to sleep either way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Catfish Vegas said...

That was quite a dry spell for the Provocative Speck. Head on over and humor the Lounge as well...

9:15 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Chair said...

I spend a good chunk of my free time publishing inane thoughts and reading those of others. I enjoy it. Especially of my friends. If nothing else, blogging is an easy electronic newsletter of what's going on in your life. I see no reason to try and instil it with any more weight. Blogging doesn't have to be, nor should it be earth-shattering pieces of art. It's just a blog duder. Just blog. Blog for me Jackrabbit. I'm listening. I need it. Now.

11:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home