...one tiny speck...

2.12.2005

Bad News Bob Dylan

I will not be attending any of your shows in March. You have gracially decided to play three in three days, but alas, I didn't pounce on the proverbial ball soon enough and they all sold out. I should have done the pre sale through you web site. I messed up. I was on Ticketmaster at 10am today, and my mom even offered to take me to the show as a V-day present, but as fast as I was, I wasn't fast enough. It's your loss really. I'm a wonderful concert attendee as you probably know from the five previous shows of yours that I have attended. Such is life. Though if you do happen to read this and want to send some passes my way... I will not turn them down. Maybe I'll go see the Modest Mouse instead. And I will definitely not miss Okkervil River and The Decemberists later in March. I missed the River in Chicago and have cursed myself ever since. River of Golden Dreams, I will float thee soon.
I went to Bellevue today, Washington's answer to Scottsdale with possibly more money thanks to MS and Boeing, to visit the Apple Store. Ha! Take that Bill Gates. And then I went to Pike Street Market. A lovely place that I hope to return to on a non-weekend and away from all trite gift-buying holidays.
I am currently at Evergreen State College in Olympia. They don't have grades. Hippie College? Yes. I'm going to see some monologues that have something to do with female anatomy with a friend of my sisters. I really have no idea what to expect.
This campus is frickin frackin bea-u-tiful though. I drove in to a pleasant sunset, not too bright I was blinded, just bright enough to show of the ever green. It smells good here and everyone smiles.
I might be a feminist by tomorrow so I'm going to thrust some masculinity now. Pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training in less than a month and I just got a new Cubs hat in the mail. I haven't shaved in a week. And I mean my face. I crave steak and Willie Nelson songs.
Sorry again Bobby. Let me know about those tickets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home