...one tiny speck...

7.06.2005

fireworks

I just spent my first 4th of July in the state of Washington. I can safely say that I have never before been in a place where amateur fireworks displays were so common and extravagant. It only reminds me of the people who have the Christmas lights that everyone hears about and drives miles just to see. Certain neighborhoods here are known for their $th of July fireworks displays. Thousands and thousands of dollars were spent by neighbors within a 5 block radius. I don't know what's legal and what isn't and none of the people I talked to seem to either. A general consensus seems to be that the ones you shoot off into the air are not legal, but no one does anything about it. Anything that has no source of propulsion can be purchased at one of the hundreds of fireworks stands that started popping up everywhere about two weeks ago.
The neighbors two houses down where making booms that didn't sound like they could be bought in stores. Apparently they were making them out of empty gas cans and sparklers. The neighborhood was shaking and it was basically just air pressure. It was a fun night and I barely left my backyard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home